How to jump start Ford Edge dead battery
In this guide, you will learn how to jump-start a Ford Edge dead battery. We show you how to jump a Ford Edge with a portable jump starter. This procedure is also helpful if is you are trying to jump-start your Ford Edge using booster cables.
- Remove the emergency key from the remote key fob.
- Use the emergency key to unlock the driver's door.
- Ensure the parking brakes are engaged.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard to release the hood. Open the hood.
- Locate the positive (+) terminal and connect the positive (red) jump starter lead.
- Determine a ground connection and connect the negative (-) lead.
- Press unlock on your key to ensure the car is powered up and the alarm system is disabled. Go inside and start the car. If your Ford Edge won't start, only clicks check the jump starter clamps. Wiggle the clamps a little bit to make sure they are making good contact.
Use only the recommended jump starting terminals.
Do not allow the positive clamp to touch any metal parts other the dedicated + terminal.
Buy Jump Starter
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.