What you will need
- Park your Mazda 5 in a safe area. Set the parking brakes and move the shifter to Park.
- Keep the car unlocked. Press the button below the rear Mazda logo and open the liftgate.
- Remove the two Philips screws next to the tail light assembly. Two screws are located on the side of the tail light. Hold the tail light assembly in place.
- Pull the tail light back to remove it from the vehicle.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the tail light.
- Install the new tail light in reverse order.
Changing the tail light is very simple and requires a few very basic tools. Instructions on replacing the tail light on a Mazda 5 are the same for both the driver (left) and passenger (right) side.