Skip to main content
What you will need
- Open the hood. To open the hood, you need to go to the driver's seat and pull the hood release lever below the dashboard.Then go in front of your vehicle and release the hood latch. Pull up the hood and use the support rod to put the hood up.
- Locate the brake fluid reservoir. You can find the brake fluid reservoir behind the engine compartment at the driver's side. It has a black cover or lid.
- Check the oil level. You will notice that there is a MIN and MAX written in the reservoir tank of the brake fluid.
- Add brake fluid. If the brake fluid is at the minimum level, remove the cap in the brake fluid reservoir and add the brake fluid recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Put the cap back when you are finished filling in the brake fluid, inspect the level again to ensure that there is enough brake fluid in the reservoir.