In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the rear level sensor on a Mercedes-Benz. The pictures are from an R-Class (R320, R350, R500, and R63 AMG).
The procedure is exactly the same on other models, including GL-Class and ML-Class. Some models, such as the S-Class W221, only have one sensor above the axle.
What you will need
- Jack up the vehicle and secure it with jack stands.
- Locate the rear level sensor mounted above the lower control arm.
- Press the electrical connector, then pull to unplug it.
- Remove the 10mm nuts, then disconnect the link between the sensor and the lower control arm.
- Remove the two bolts that secure the level sensor.
- Install the new rear level sensor.
It is strongly recommended to carry out vehicle level calibration to ensure the vehicle reached the correct height.