Skip to main content
What you will need
- Park the vehicle on a safe ground level. Then turn off the engine and set the parking brake.
- Put wheel chocks or a block on the back wheel of the vehicle, put them on the front and back of the wheel to prevent it from moving.
- Loosen the lug nuts for the front wheel on the driver's side using a lug wrench.
- Jack up the vehicle and support it with jack stands.
- Remove the lug nuts and carry the wheel out of the vehicle.
- Locate the wheel speed sensor at the back of the wheel bearing.
- Pull the connector from the wheel bearing and remove the 12mm bolt holding the wheel speed sensor.
- Remove the cable from the retainer clips by simply pulling the line out.
- Remove the inside panel by removing all the plastic clips and bolts around the board.
- Disconnect the electrical connector on the engine bay and pull the wheel speed sensor out of the vehicle.
- Install the new wheel speed sensor, connect the electrical connector of the wheel speed sensor to the vehicle and install the cable back to the retainer clips. Then reinstall the 12mm bolt and secure the cable.
- Reinstall the inside panel and the wheel back to the vehicle. Then remove the jack stands and lower the vehicle.