- Open driver's door. If the car battery is dead, you will need to remove the emergency key that is inside your keyfob.
- Next, pry off the cap on the driver's door handle and use the emergency key to unlock the driver's door.
- Pull the hood release handle inside the vehicle. It is on the lower left side of the instrument panel.
- Move to the front of the car and look under the hood for the hood release.
- Press the release to the side and at the same time, lift the hood.
This video will help owners of Cadillac ATS, CTS, XTS, CT6, and Escalade learn how to open the hood.