Skip to main content
What you will need
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver's seat.
- Connect the OBD II Scanner into the OBD II port below the dashboard.
- Turn the ignition switch to the accessories position.
- Go to the diagnostic menu on the scanner.
- Select read codes and check the stored codes.
- The scanner will show faulty code P0443: Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit.
- Turn off the ignition switch.
- Open the hood. Click here to see the step-by-step procedure on how to open the hood on Ford Fusion 2013-2020.
- Locate the purge valve solenoid on the right side of the engine intake manifold.
- Disconnect the purge valve solenoid's connector by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Pull up the blue clip on the hose and push it out to set it to unlock position.
- Detach the hose by pulling it out.
- Remove the two 8mm bolts on the purge valve solenoid using an 8mm socket wrench.
- Pull the purge valve solenoid out from the vehicle.
- Line the new purge valve solenoid into the vehicle and press it in to set it into place.
- Reinstall the two 8mm bolts on the purge valve solenoid.
- Reattach the hose back to the purge valve solenoid and push the blue clip in to lock the hose into place.
- Reconnect the electrical connector of the purge valve solenoid.
- Turn the ignition switch to accessories position.
- Go to erase codes on the diagnostic menu.
- Select yes and press enter to erase the stored codes.
- Start the vehicle and check if the check engine light is still on.