The touchscreen on Tesla is one of the components of the car that gets a lot of use. Over time the touchscreen on a Tesla may get dirty. Cleaning the Tesla touch screen properly is very important.
To clean the touchscreen on a Tesla, you need to go to Controls, Display and select Screen Cleaning Mode. Make sure to use cleaning wipes designed to clean a touchscreen or dry but soft microfiber cloth. Do not use Windex or water to clean your Tesla touchscreen.
To clean the Touchscreen on a Tesla, you need to enable the Cleaning Mode; otherwise, the touchscreen will erratically act, and you may accidentally change settings that you didn't mean to.
Follow these steps to clean the touchscreen on a Tesla.
- Press the CAR icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Select Display on the left menu.
- Scroll down and press Screen Clean Mode.
- The screen will turn black.
- Clean the screen with a soft cloth designed to clean tablets.
- Once you are done cleaning the screen, press and hold the RESET button to exit clean mode.
Cleaning the touchscreen on a Tesla is very easy. Make sure to enter the cleaning mode and use the appropriate cloth and spray that's made to clean a tablet.
When cleaning the touchscreen on a Tesla, make sure to use a soft cloth designed to clean LCDs. We do not recommend using any cleaning solution unless it is specifically designed for cleaning the LCD screen.
Why do you need to clean the Tesla touchscreen?
It would be best if you cleaned your Tesla touchscreen regularly to get rid of:
- Light scratches
Common mistakes to avoid when cleaning Tesla Touchscreen
- Avoid using water to clean the touch screen.
- Avoid using Windex or glass cleaner to clean the touch screen.
- Avoid using a paper towel to clean the touch screen. A Paper towel can scratch the screen.