How to recharge Subaru Air Conditioner (AC) with refrigerant
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to charge Subaru Air Conditioner (AC) using an AC Recharge Kit. The instructions in this guide apply to many Subaru models including Forester, Outback, Impreza, Legacy, WRX,
- Subaru AC blows hot air
- A/C does not get cold
- Heat works but there is no cold air
What you will need
How to recharge Subaru AC
- Park your Subaru on level ground. Set the parking brakes.
- Next, open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard to open the hood.
- Locate the air conditioner charging port on your Subaru. Look for the light blue cap with the L mark on top.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle. Next, turn on climate control. Set the blower fan speed to maximum. Set temperature to coldest setting.
- Connect your A/C recharge kit and start recharging your Subaru A/C system. Make sure to follow all instructions that came with your A/C recharge kit.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.