2015 and newer Mercedes-Benz vehicles such as C, E, S, GLA, GLE, GLC, GLS are equiped with Electric Parking Brakes.
If you to change the rear brake pads on these vehicles, first you need to set the parking brakes in the service position.
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to release the electric parking brakes on Mercedes-Benz C-Class W205. This guide applies to other models as well.
- Secure the vehicle so that it will not roll once the parking brakes are released.
- Enter the vehicle and close the driver's door.
- Release the parking brakes by pressing the button on the dashboard. If the parking brakes are engaged you will not be able to set the parking brakes in the service position.
- Without pressing the brake pedal, press the START button once. If your car doesn't have the START button, turn the key in the ignition one click. Ignition should be in what is known as Position I. Dashboard lights up, but warning lights should not be on.
- Make sure MILEAGE is shown on the instrument cluster. If not, use the steering wheel buttons to display the miles. Scroll to TRIP then press OK.
- Press and hold the Phone button and the OK button on the steering wheel for about 5 seconds.
- The secret menu will display on the dashboard. Scroll down to Brake Pad Replace then press OK.
- Press OK to move to Fitting Position. You should hear the parking brakes move to the service position.
- Service the rear brake pads. Once you are done with the service, press OK to reset the parking brake.