How to remove and replace Honda Steering Wheel
This step by step guide provides instructions on how to remove and install a Honda steering wheel. While the steering wheel shown in this guide is from a 9th generation Honda Civic, these instructions apply to other models including Honda Accord, Fit, CRV and Pilot.
What you will need
- Disconnect the battery. Wait 15 min before you start removing the airbag.
- Remove two Torx bolts on the side of the steering wheel.
- Remove the access panel at the bottom of the steering wheel. This will allow you to disconnect airbag and horn wires.
- Remove airbag from the steering wheel.
- Remove the 14mm bolt in the center of the steering wheel using a breaker bar.
- Mark the steering column so that you will be able to align the steering wheel properly.
- Unplug the steering wheel wire harnes.
- Pull the steering wheel from the steering columns.
- Install the new steering wheel in reverse order. Reconnect the battery.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.