In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to remove the door panel on a Volkswagen.
The video and pictures are from a 2016 VW Jetta, but the steps below will help you remove or replace the door panel on a VW Bora, Golf, Passat, GTI, Polo, EOS, etc.
What you will need
How to Remove VW Door Panel
Remove the door panel on a VW is easy and takes about 15 minutes. How to remove a VW door panel.
- Park the vehicle and set the parking brakes.
- Remove the T15 screw at the bottom of the door panel.
- Pry out the window switch to access the bolt behind it. If you need help with this step, follow our guide on How to remove the VW window switch.
- Remove the T30 bolt behind the window switch.
- Remove the plastic cover at the lower part of the door panel. Remove the second T30 bolt behind it.
- Remove the trim near the top of the door panel by pulling it out and towards the back.
- Remove the third T30 bolt that is now exposed.
- Use a dash trim removal kit to pry out the door panel.
- Lift the door panel and pull it away from the door. You only need to pull it out a few inches to reach the wires on the back.
- Disconnect all the wires from the back of the door panel, including the cable for the door latch.
That's it. Removing the door panel on a VW is not as difficult as you may think. A mechanic can remove a VW door panel in 15 minutes. If you are removing a VW door panel for the first time, you will spend about 30 minutes.