How to replace Brake Light Bulb Hyundai Elantra 2011-16
Learn how to change rear brake light bulb on Hyundai Elantra.
Applicable to model years 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Replacing brake light bulb on 2011-2016 Hyundai Elantra requires that the rear tail light assembly to be removed.
- These instructions apply to both the driver side and passenger side rear brake lights.
What you will need
- Light Bulb
If your Elantra uses standard bulbs as shown in this tutorial, the required bulb size is 2357 (28 W).
- 10 mm socket and ratchet
- Open trunk.
- Remove the cover and access the back of the tail light assembly.
- Disconnect the electrical wire. Remove three 10 mm nuts that hold the tail light in place. Now you should be able to pull the rear tail light assembley from the body of your Elantra.
- Remove the brake light socket by turning it counterclockwise. You will hear the socket click. Pull the socket out.
- Remove the brake light bulb from the socket by pulling it out. Be careful to not break the bulb.
- Install the new brake light bulb into the socket.
- Reinstall the socket into the tail light assembly. You will need to align the three tabs on the socket with the three slots in the brake light assembly. Twist the socket clockwise to lock it into the tail light assembly.
- Reinstall the brake light assembly. Tighten the three 10 mm bolts. Don't overtighten them to avoid damage.
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.