In this guide, we will show you how to replace the air filter on a Mitsubishi Outlander.
What you will need
- Replacement engine air filter
- Park vehicle on level ground. Set the parking brakes and allow the engine to cool down.
- Pull the hood release and open the hood. Secure the hood with the hood rod.
- Remove the two plastic retainers and remove the air intake hose.
- Remove the 10mm bolt to the right of the air filter housing.
- Disconnect the mass airflow sensor.
- Remove the air filter housing and open it.
- Remove the old air filter. Install the new air filter. Note that the filter is rounder at one of the corners. It should match the housing, or you won't be able to close the housing.
Note: The filter can be replaced without removing the housing from the vehicle but doing it that way is harder to close the housing. Especially if you are replacing the engine air filter for the first time.