Skip to main content
What you will need
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard, go to the vehicle's front, unlock the hood latch, and pull the hood up. Set the hood strut to hold the hood up.
- Locate the clearance light socket behind the headlight assembly.
- Twist the socket counterclockwise and pull it out from the headlight assembly.
- Remove the light bulb from the socket by pulling it out. You do not need to twist the bulb to remove it from the socket.
- Get the new light bulb, line it up to the socket, and push it in to lock it into place. If you are installing an LED bulb, you need to test it. If the bulb doesn't turn on, pull it out, rotate it 180 degrees, and reinstall it.
- Line up the socket back to the headlight assembly and twist the socket clockwise to lock it in.
- Check the new light bulb by switching on the headlight.
- Do not touch light bulbs with bare hands as that can shorten the life of the light bulb.
- Installing LED bulbs:
- If you are upgrading to LED light bulbs, and the bulb doesn't turn on when you install it simply remove the LED bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall it.
- Certain vehicles may trigger a fault message stating faulty or burned light bulb when the original bulb has been upgraded to LED. If that is the case, use halogen bulb or get an Error Free LED bulb.