Skip to main content
What you will need
- Pull the trunk release under the dashboard to open the trunk.
- Remove the push clips on the trunk shield using a fastener removal tool.
- Pull the trunk shield down to access the license plate light connector or socket.
- Twist the socket counterclockwise and pull it out to remove it.
- Pull the light bulb out from the socket.
- Get the new light bulb and push it into the socket.
- Line up the socket back to the trunk door and twist it clockwise to lock it into place.
- Line up the trunk door shield back and reinstall its push clips.
- Do not touch light bulbs with bare hands as that can shorten the life of the light bulb.
- Installing LED bulbs:
- If you are upgrading to LED light bulbs, and the bulb doesn't turn on when you install it simply remove the LED bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall it.
- Certain vehicles may trigger a fault message stating faulty or burned light bulb when the original bulb has been upgraded to LED. If that is the case, use halogen bulb or get an Error Free LED bulb.