In this guide, we will show you how to replace the ignition coils on a Mitsubishi.
What you will need
- Allow the engine to cool down.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Remove the engine cover. This is held in by two 10mm bolts.
- Remove the connector from the bad coil or all of them if replacing all. Be careful not to damage the wires. Press the connector, then pull.
- Remove the 10mm bolts that hold the ignition coil.
- Remove the coil by lifting it.
- Install the new coil and reconnect the wire.
- Start the car and test it to make sure the engine does not shake.
If the check engine light is on, it may take a few days for it to reset on its own. As long as there are no other fault codes present.
Alternatively, use an OBD-II scanner to clear the codes immediately.