What you will need
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard. Go to the front, unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up until the hood struts are in the hold position.
- Locate the serpentine belt on the passenger side of the engine compartment.
- Release the tension on the tensioner pulley by putting a 14mm wrench on the bolt and pulling it.
- Pull out the serpentine belt once the tension is released.
- Get the new serpentine belt and route it the same way that the old belt was routed.
- Line up the serpentine belt to the pulleys, release the tension on the tensioner pulley, and put the serpentine belt on the alternator to lock it in place.
Make sure that the serpentine belt is aligned very well.