On this page, you will find videos and step-by-step instructions on how to the battery on various Toyota key fobs.
Scroll down until you find the video that matches your Toyota key fob.
To change the batter in this Toyota key you will need a CR2025 battery. This key is used between 2008 and 2012 in models such as Toyota Rav4 and Avalon.
- Locate the slot on the side of the keyfob. Insert a flat screwdriver and twist it to separate the key housing.
- Remove the housing from inside the key shell. You will see the battery housing that you need to open up.
- Use a screwdriver to pop out the back cover. You will need to push inside all the 5 tabs. They just need to be pushed in slightly to allow the black plastic to release.
- Remove the back cover. Slide out the old battery. Install new CR2025 3 volt lithium battery.
- Install the battery shell in reverse order. If the buttons of this remote are worn out you can replace the buttons while you are at it or even the whole case. A new shell for this remote can be purchased on Amazon, click here to see new shells for this Toyota remote.
To change the battery in this Toyota key fob you will need one CR2016 battery.
- Use a flat head screwdriver to pry apart the two halves of the remote.
- Use a small screwdriver to pry out the battery from the circuit board. It is not necessary to remove the circuit board from the remote.
- Press the new batter in the battery slot. Align the two halves and press them until they are locked together.
This Toyota key fob requires a CR2032 battery.
Show applicable models
Camry, Corolla, Starlet, Yaris, Prius, Matrix, Corona, Caldina, Avensis, Avalon, Crown, Celica, MR2, Yaris Ractis, Verso, Previa, Sienna, RAV4, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Highlander, Venza, Hilux, Tacoma, Tundra,