The "Routine Maintenance Required" message appears on the Mitsubishi Outlander's Dashboard.
- Turn your vehicle off.
- Press your info button a few times until the wrench icon appears on the Dashboard. The info button is located on the left side of the dashboard, near the left aircon vent. Info icon can be represented by a double square icon with three horizontal bars or word info.
- Press and hold the info button until the wrench icon on the dashboard blinks.
- Press the info button one more time, then release as fast as possible.
- To check if the reminder is cleared, start the engine; if the "Routine Maintenance Required" message is no longer displayed, then you are done.
A Mitsubishi Outlander requires periodic oil maintenance to prevent the engine from developing premature wear like any other vehicle.
It is recommended to replace the engine oil and oil filter every six months or 7,500 miles.
For instructions on how to replace the oil and oil filter of your Mitsubishi Outlander, you may go to this guide.
After changing the oil and the oil filter, you need to reset the Oil Service Interval counter by following the steps below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recommended oil for a Mitsubishi Outlander?
- Mitsubishi recommends 0W-20
- Mitsubishi (MZ320934)
How long can I drive after the oil change light comes on?
- After your car's oil change light comes on, you should get the oil changed within the next two weeks. At most, once that light comes on, you should get the oil changed before the next 500 miles of driving.
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2006-2020