In this guide, we will show you how to reset the oil service reminder in a 2019 Ford F-150. The oil service reminder is an indicator light that comes on after a certain interval of miles that is programmed in the vehicle's computer is driven.
This mile range is the interval at which the oil is supposed to be serviced. The light should be reset after an oil change has been done. In this guide, we will show you how to rest this oil light on your Ford truck and this will also work on most newer domestic vehicles.
- Use the arrows and ok button on the left side of the steering wheel to navigate the menus on the dash display
- Navigate to the menu and scroll down to the fifth option "Settings" and push ok
- Then, scroll down to the third option "Advanced Settings" and push ok
- Next, select the first option, "Vehicle" and push ok
- Next, scroll down to the third option, "Oil Life Reset" and push ok
- Here, the remaining life of the oil in percentage is displayed. To reset this hold the ok button for about three seconds.
- The oil life is now reset to 100%, push the exit button below the arrows to exit back to the display on the dash. You are done!
All Ford models and domestic vehicles including Ford F-150, F-250, F-450/550 years: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 including Super Duty and XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Raptor, Platinum, and Limited.
How many miles can I drive before my oil needs to be changed and my oil life is up?
The oil life percent on Ford is based on an interval of 7,500 - 10,000 miles driven in lights conditions. There is an intelligent monitoring system in place that tells whether the vehicle has driven in heavy conditions such as towing, steep hills, or offroad that will decrease the oil life, and a typical interval in those conditions is around 5,000 miles.
It is always a safe bet to have the oil changed around 5,000 - 7,500 miles if you want to take extra care. Great maintenance can lead to the longevity of your vehicle.