How to reset Volvo service light
In this article, you will find instructions on how to reset Volvo service light (also known as maintenance reminder). You may need to reset the Volvo service reminder if you perform maintenance yourself.
You must perform proper maintenance (which includes changing the oil and engine filter, check the fluids, brakes and replace the engine air filter) before carrying out Volvo service reset.
- Turn key to position I.
- Press the reset button on the center of the instrument cluster (T1/T2) and keep it pressed.
Alternative method: Press the OK/Reset button on the left steering wheel.
- Turn key to Position II as you continue to hold the reset button pressed.
- Continue holding the reset button until you see the service reminder light start blinking. This will take about 10 seconds. Once the service light flashes release the reset button.
- Turn off the ignition but do not remove the key.
- Turn the ignition back on and start the car. Ensure the service reminder light is turned off and the Volvo reset service message has cleared.
These instructions work on many Volvo vehicles including C70, S40, S60, S80, V40, V50, V60, V70, XC60, XC70, XC90.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the meaning of Volvo time for regular service?
It means it is time to take your car to the shop to have it serviced and checked. You or your mechanic will need to change engine oil, oil filter, air filter, check brakes, fluids, windshield washer, wiper, rotors.
What does Volvo reset service message mean?
It is time to get your Volvo checked by a mechanic or dealer.
Searches related to this guide include.
volvo service reset
volvo service reset s60
volvo service reset
volvo service reset v70
volvo service reset v50
volvo service reset tool
volvo service reset s40
volvo service reset xc90
volvo service reset s80
volvo service reset v40
volvo service reset c30
volvo service reset xc60
volvo service reset xc70
volvo reset service light
volvo reset service message
volvo v60 service reset
volvo c70 service reset
volvo xc60 service reset 2014
volvo s60 service reset 2011
volvo s60 service reset 2014
volvo vida service reset
💡 Help us improve this article by providing feedback. No registration is required.
💭 Ask car questions in our Car Forum.