This procedure will allow you to shift the vehicle out of the park if the shifter is stuck. This can be helpful if the battery is dead and you need to push the vehicle or tow it.
What you will need
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver's seat.
- Set the parking brakes. The vehicle may roll away once it is shifted out of the park.
- Locate the hole on the top of the park indicator on the gear shift. Remove the cap using a small flat-head screwdriver.
- Insert the screwdriver on the hole to push the button inside the gear shift.
- Press the brake pedal, then shift the gear as you keep the screwdriver pushed into the hole.