What you will need
- Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brakes.
- Loosen the lug nuts but do not remove them yet.
- Jack up the front of the vehicle and secure it with jack stands. Do not rely only on the floor jack.
- Remove the lug nuts and remove the wheel from the vehicle.
- Remove the 10mm bolt that secures the ABS sensor to the steering knuckle.
- Remove the ABS wire from the vehicle.
- Unplug the ABS wire. There is a connection by the frame where you disconnect the sensor.
- Install the new sensor in reverse order.
- Install the wheel and lug nuts.
- Lower vehicle and tighten the lug nuts to specification.
That's it. Replacing the front ABS wheel speed sensor on a Tesla Model 3 is straightforward and takes about thirty minutes.