- Find Tesla touch screen home settings.
- Go to the bottom left corner of the home screen.
- Click the car icon to bring out the service menu.
- Scroll down to SERVICE to access the factory reset menu.
- Sign in to your tesla account using your email address and password and click continue.
- Factory reset will start and reset everything to factory default.
This is only recommended if you are selling the car. Performing a factory reset on a Tesla will clear everything from your driver profile to your mirror settings and seat settings.
Frequently Asked Question
What does a Tesla Model 3 touch screen control panel do?
- Tesla touch screen control panel provides control over climate control settings, entertainment settings, and other settings. It also provides navigation. It has features that could save your personal settings, such as seat settings, steering wheel position, and side mirror settings.
Why would you need to reset the Tesla Model 3 touch screen control panel to factory settings?
- You should reset the settings to factory default when you sell your Tesla or are having electrical or freezing system problems.