In this guide, we will show you how to turn on and off the daytime running lights on a 2019 Ford F-150. This can be done in the sync settings on the dash display of the vehicle.
By default, the daytime running lights are turned on and will automatically come on when the headlights are turned off. If for whatever reason they need to be turned off this can be done in the sync display settings on the dash.
- Use the arrow and ok buttons on the left side of the steering wheel to navigate the menus on the dash display
- Navigate to the menu and scroll down to the 5th option "settings" and push ok
- Then, scroll down to the 3rd option "advanced settings" and push ok
- Next, highlight the 1st option "vehicle" and push ok
- Next, highlight the 1st option again "lighting" and push ok
- Lastly, scroll down and highlight the 3rd option "daytime lights"
- Here, there is a checkbox next to "daytime lights" if the checkbox is filled they are enabled and if it is unchecked they are disabled. Push ok to either enable or disable the daytime running lights.
- Exit the menu by pushing the exit button on the steering wheel, you are all done!
Menu navigation: Menu > Settings > Advanced Settings > Vehicle > Lighting > Daytime Lights
Why are my daytime running lights always on even with my headlights turned off?
By default, the daytime running lights are always turned on. They are meant to turn on when the headlights are turned off to give more visibility to the vehicle while on the road during the day. However, if you want to turn them off they can be disabled following this guide.
Ford F-150, F-250, F-450/550 years: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 including Super Duty and XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Raptor, Platinum, and Limited.