In this guide, we will be showing you how to replace a rear taillight.
- Park vehicle, set the parking brakes, and open the trunk lid.
- On the side with the worn-out bulbs, remove the little plastic cover behind the trunk lid that allows you to access the bulbs.
- Depress the two plastic clips that hold the light assembly in. Be careful not to break those or the light won't go back in.
- Remove the light from the trunk lid.
- On the back of the light, remove the little plastic holder. That holds the bulbs and will allow you to replace them.
- Locate and replace the worn-out bulbs. Replace them in their holder and put the holder back in the light assembly.
- Put the light assembly back in the trunk lid, being careful not to damage the plastic tabs that hold it in.
- Test the lights by switching on the tail lamps and the turn signals. Have someone watch.
DIY Cost: $5-$15
Est. Time: 20 min