Skip to main content
What you will need
- Unlock the vehicle and open the trunk by pulling the trunk release under the dashboard.
- Remove the two push clips on the trunk shield behind the outer tail light assembly. Use a flat screwdriver or fastener removal tool to pull the push clips.
- Pull the trunk shield down to access the socket and electrical connector of the turn signal and blinker light.
- Disconnect the connector by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Twist the socket counterclockwise and pull it out from the tail light assembly.
- Remove the light bulb by pulling it out from the socket.
- Install the new light bulb to the socket. Push the light bulb in until it snaps into place.
- Line up the socket back to the tail light assembly and twist it clockwise to lock it into place.
- Reconnect the electrical connector by pushing it back to the socket's connection port.
- Place the trunk shield to its original position and reinstall the two push clips.
- Check the new light bulb by switching on the rear turn signal and blinker light.
- Do not touch light bulbs with bare hands as that can shorten the life of the light bulb.
- Installing LED bulbs:
- If you are upgrading to LED light bulbs, and the bulb doesn't turn on when you install it simply remove the LED bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall it.
- Certain vehicles may trigger a fault message stating faulty or burned light bulb when the original bulb has been upgraded to LED. If that is the case, use halogen bulb or get an Error Free LED bulb.