Hyundai Check or Add Brake Fluid
Is your Hyundai brake feel soft and weak due to low brake fluid? By following the procedures below, you will learn how to check the fluid level and add brake fluid to the reservoir. This guide provides instructions on filling a brake fluid reservoir on a Hyundai Sonata.
The car’s brake system is one of the most important parts of the car. Brake fluid may be low if the brake pads are worn and are the minimum. The vehicle should not be driven if there is a brake fluid leak. You must consult an auto mechanic if you have a brake fluid leak.
What you will need
- DOT4 Brake fluid – Do not use brake fluid from an open container.
- Park the vehicle on level ground. Set the parking brakes and open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dashboard.
- Find the location of the brake fluid reservoir.
- Check the brake fluid level. It should be between the minimum and maximum levels.
- Check the type of fluid recommended on the vehicle by looking at the label on top of the reservoir cap.
- Open the reservoir cap and fill up the brake fluid reservoir with the recommended type to the maximum level. Do not fill up to the cap.
- Close the reservoir cap.
Most vehicles are equipped with a hydraulic brake system that multiplies the force that the drivers apply on the brake components to ensure maximum stopping power.
A hydraulic brake system is powered by brake fluid. Once the brake fluid is lost or the fluid is partially displaced by air, the vehicle’s stopping power is lost. That is why it is necessary to ensure that your car’s brake fluid level would never reaches below the minimum.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will brakes work without brake fluid?
Absolutely not! Brake fluid is the force transferring the “middle man” between your brake pedal and your brakes. The pressure you apply with your pedal is carried through the fluid in the brake lines to push against the pads. Without this fluid, your brakes won’t work.
How often should you replace brake fluid?
It’s safe to say that you should change your brake fluid every two years across the board.
What are the symptoms of low brake fluid?
The Brake Light Comes On
Brakes Feel Soft
Long Braking Distance
Dirty Brake Fluid
We hope you find the Hyundai Check or Add Brake Fluid guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Hyundai.