A Jeep VIN decoder allows you to look up options, models, years, engines, transmissions, and specifications. Also, you can check the title records and accidents by clicking Check History.
To check what engine, transmission, and options are installed on your vehicle, use VIN Decoder.
HOW TO DECODE JEEP VIN
Position one in the Jeep VIN identifies where the vehicle was assembled.
Position two in the Jeep VIN identifies the manufacturer of the vehicle.
Position three of the Jeep VIN identifies the brand division. This character pinpoints the exact manufacturer division regardless of the number of divisions they may have.
The Jeep VIN’s first three positions are called the World Make Identifiers (WMI). Some of the examples for your Jeep may be as follows:
|Mark||WMI||Manufacturer||Owner of the Brand||Code of the Country||Country|
|JEEP||1J4||CHRYSLER (USA)||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||1J||USA|
|JEEP||1J8||STEYR (A)||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||1J||Austria|
|JEEP||DA4||Arab American Vehicles Company (E)||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||DA||Egypt|
|JEEP||Y6D||CJSC ZAZ||FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES||Y6||Ukraine|
Position four of the Jeep VIN identifies the security system incorporated in the vehicle. The systems are as follows:
- A – Front new generation airbags and side airbags
- B – security system with active seatbelts
- D – only seatbelts
- J – front multistage cushion new generation safety
- H – front multistage cushion new generation of safe and side airbags
- K – improved the multistage front airbags
- L – improved the multistage front airbags and side airbags
Position five of the Jeep VIN identifies the model of the vehicle. These Jeep models can be as follows:
- 1 – Grand Cherokee 4×4 (steering to the right)
- 3 – Grand Cherokee 4×4 (steering left)
- 4 – Wrangler 4×4 (steering to the right)
- 6 – Cherokee 4×4 (steering left)
- A – Wrangler 4×4 (steering left)
- C – Grand Cherokee 4×4 ( wheel left)
- D – Grand Cherokee 4×4 (steering to the right)
- G – Commander 4×4
- H – Commander 4×2
- K – Liberty 4×2 (steering left)
- L – Liberty / Cherokee 4×4 & (steering left)
- M – Cherokee 4×4 & (steering to the right)
- R – Grand Cherokee 4×4
- S – Grand Cherokee 4×2
Position six of the Jeep VIN identifies the equipment level of the vehicle. This range varies from the economy level to a special level. These can be as indicated below:
- 1 – E (Economy)
- 2 – L (Low Line)
- 3 – M (Medium)
- 4 – H (High Line)
- 5 – P (Premium)
- 6 – S (Sport)
- 7 – X (Special)
Position seven of the Jeep VIN identifies the body type of your vehicle. These types are as follows:
- 3 – Sedan, 4 bits.
- 5 – Cabriolet, 2 bits.
- 6 – Sedan, 4 bits.
- 8 – Hatchback, 5 DV.
- 9 – Coupe
Position eight of the Jeep VIN identifies the engine type of the vehicle. These areas are shown below:
- A – 2.0L I4 CYL 16V DOHC Diesel
- B – 2.0L I4 CYL 16V DOHC Dual VVT
- C – 1.8L I4 CYL 16V DOHC Dual VVT
- D – 3.0L V6 CYL Turbo Diesel
- E – 2.4L I4 CYL 16V DOHC Turbo
- G – 3.5L V6 CYL 24V High Output
- H – 5.7L V8 CYL HEMI
- K – 2.4L I4 CYL 16V Dual VVT
- L – 3.2L V6 CYL 18V SOHC
- M – 3.0L V6 CYL Turbo Diesel
- N – 3.2L V6 CYL Supercharged
- R – 2.7L V6 CYL 24V DOHC
- S – 2.4L I4 CYL 16V DOHC High Output Turbo
- T – 2.7L V6 CYL 24V FFV
- W – 6.1L V8 CYL SRT HEMI
- X – 2.4L I4 CYL 16V DOHC
- Y – 2.0L I4 CYL 16V DOHC
- Z – 8.3L V10 CYL
Position 9 CheckSum
Position nine of the Jeep VIN is held by the check number. This number is used to check the validity of the VIN that is being checked.
Position 10 Model Year
Position ten of the Jeep VIN identifies its year of production.
|Year of Issue||Designation||Year of Issue||Designation||Year of Issue||Designation|
We hope you find the Jeep VIN Decoder guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Jeep.