Tesla VIN is located in the lower-left corner of the windshield, sticker on the driver’s door frame, vehicle registration, or user’s Tesla account, which can be accessed online or via the app.
You can find your Tesla VIN (vehicle identification number) in any of the following locations:
- Lower left corner of the windshield.
- Driver’s door frame. Open the driver’s door and look at the center (B) pillar.
- The label on the rear hatch.
- Printer is on the firewall. You will need to
- Tesla Website
- Tesla App – open the Tesla phone app, scroll to the bottom of the page there you will see the VIN.
- Vehicle registration
- Insurance Policy
Do Tesla cars have a VIN?
Yes. All Tesla vehicles have a VIN.
Tesla Hidden VIN
If you have a new Tesla order, there are ways to find your unique Tesla VIN before you even get the delivery of the vehicle.
Login to your Tesla account. Right-click on the page and click on View Source Code.
Then search for 5yj on the source code. If this is too complicated, there is an easier way.
Install this Chrome extension, which will display your hidden Tesla VIN once you are logged in to your account.
This browser extension reads the source code of your Tesla account page and detects changes in the VIN assigned to your order. You have to load your account page, and we’ll do the rest.
Tesla VIN Decoder
To decode a Tesla VIN, you can use this VIN Decoder tool. For reference, here is some information if you want to decode a Tesla VIN yourself.
- Positions 1-3 are the World manufacturer identifier,
- 5YJ – USA
- Position 4 – Tesla model.
- Position 5 – Body type.
- Position 6 – Airbags and restraint system.
- Position 7 – battery type
- Position 8 – Motor/Drive.
- Position 9 – Varies
- Position 10 – Model year
- Position 11 – Plant
- F for Fremont.
- Positions 12 to 17 are sequence numbers.
We hope you find the Tesla VIN Number Location guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Tesla.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!