Mercedes-Benz Rear Level Sensor Replacement
Is your Mercedes-Benz rear level sensor not working properly? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your Mercedes-Benz rear-level sensor.
This guide provides instructions on changing the rear level sensor on a Mercedes-Benz. The pictures are from an R-Class (R320, R350, R500, and R63 AMG). The procedure is the same on other models, including GL-Class and ML-Class. Some models, such as the S-Class W221, only have one sensor above the axle.
What you will need
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class Rear Level Sensor
- Mechanic Toolset
- Jack up the vehicle and secure it with jack stands.
- Locate the rear level sensor mounted above the lower control arm.
- Press the electrical connector, then pull it to unplug it.
- Remove the 10mm nuts, then disconnect the link between the sensor and the lower control arm.
- Remove the two bolts that secure the level sensor.
- Install the new rear-level sensor.
Carrying out vehicle level calibration is strongly recommended to ensure the vehicle reaches the correct height.
We hope you find the Mercedes-Benz Rear Level Sensor Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.