How can I program my Lexus to open the Garage Door? Learn how to program the Lexus garage door opener by following the procedures below.
Press and hold buttons 1 and 3 for 15 seconds on HomeLink. Homelink buttons are on the rearview mirror or just above it.
Next, press and hold button 1 on the HomeLink, and at the same time, press the button on your handheld garage door opener. Keep both pressed for about 8 seconds. The HomeLink LED light should start flashing rapidly.
Once you see the flashing light go to your garage door motor, you will find the garage door motor mounted on the ceiling of your garage. Locate the LEARN button on the back of the garage door motor and press it once. Do not keep it pressed.
Quickly go back to the car and press button 1 on HomeLink a few times until the garage door starts to operate. The last step can not take more than 30 seconds. Each press needs to be two seconds long.
For more help, follow the detailed step-by-step procedure below.
What you will need
- Garage door remote
- Must have a working handheld remote.
- Access to your garage.
- Small ladder or step stool
- Locate the 1 and 3 buttons on the rearview mirror
- Press both buttons (1 and 3) simultaneously and hold down for a while until the LED light blinks. This means that memory is cleared.
- Ensure minimum proximity between your garage remote and the Homelink buttons.
- Pick up the handheld garage remote. Press and hold down the garage button while you press button “1” on Homelink. Hold until the orange light appears and starts blinking green—about 8 seconds.
- Go to the garage and remove the casing on the motor to reveal the learn button. Press and release the learn button. Do not hold the learn button down too long, or you will erase all programmed remotes.
- Return to the car quickly and finish the connection by pressing the 1 button on the rearview mirror a few times. Press the one button anytime after that to unlock the garage door.
Repeat all the steps if you cannot program your Lexus garage door opener. Steps 5 and 6 should be completed within 30 seconds. In step 6, keep button 1 on HomeLink pressed instead of pressing the button several times.
How to program the Lexus garage door opener without a remote?
You must have a remote that is programmed to open your garage door. You can not program a Lexus garage door opener without a preprogrammed handheld garage door opener. First, you program your handheld garage door. Next, program your home link using the instruction on this page.
Alternatively, you can use the garage keypad if it is wireless, not hard-wired to the garage motor. You may remove the keypad or have the vehicle very close to it when you complete step 4.
- When using your Lexus mirror button to open or close the garage, you have to hold it down for about about 2 seconds for it to work. One-touch does not work.
- You only have 30 seconds to press one of the buttons on the rearview mirror after you press the LEARN button on the back of the garage door motor. This step must do this step quickly.
- Park vehicle right outside the garage. Close to the garage door but not under the garage door.
- Holding the 1st and 3rd Homelink buttons for 20-30 sec it would clear the memory.
- The mirror LED will start flashing or turn on solid. Flashing LED means you have a rolling code garage door opener. Solid green means it’s not a rolling code, and your buttons can now be programmed.
Programming fixed code garage opener
The majority of garage door openers built before 1996 use fixed code. This is how to program these units with your Lexus.
- Hold the remote up to the HomeLink button you want to program.
- Push both one of the HomeLink buttons and the remote button simultaneously.
- Hold them pressed until the LED on the Lexus HomeLink begins to flash rapidly.
- Release both buttons. Your Lexus HomeLink button should be programmed as a duplicate of the remote.
You must have a working handheld garage remote.
We hope you find the Lexus Garage Door Opener Programming Instructions guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Lexus.