Do you need a new Lexus key? You can car-order Lexus car keys from your local Lexus dealer. This article provides the steps needed to order a new Lexus key.
You can also order Lexus car keys from independent locksmiths that are capable of programming new Lexus keys. Call a few locksmiths in your area and ask if they can program a Lexus key.
How to order a Lexus key
Gather all the required documents.
- You will need to provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). VIN is located on the driver’s side’s lower corner of the windshield.
- Proof of ownership of the car.
- Vehicle Title
- Locate the nearest Lexus dealership using this Lookup Tool.
- Take the documents from step one and head over to the Lexus dealership. Visit the Parts Department to place an order for a new Lexus key. You will need to pre-pay for the new Lexus key.
- Wait for two to three days for the Lexus dealership to call you once the new key arrives.
- Head back to the Lexus dealership to pick up the key. The new key should start the car without any problem. If you can drive the car to the Lexus dealership, do so to ensure the key works properly. Your Lexus dealer may need to program certain features, such as the Door Lock/Unlock feature.
How much does a new Lexus key cost?
There are several Lexus keys, such as the keyless entry remote, the immobilizer system (built-in computer chip in the key), and the metal blade key. The key’s cost depends on your Lexus model and year.
For general information:
- Master key – $290-$480
- Metal / Wallet Key – $80 – $150
Where can you buy a Lexus key beside the dealer?
It is also possible to get a used key and program it to work with your Lexus. This only works on older Lexus models. The key blade needs to be blank so a locksmith can cut it.
The new key will require programming so that it can start the car. You need to do research on the type of Lexus key that you have, as newer Lexus keys are more difficult to duplicate this way.
Ordering Lexus Keys from Locksmith
If you need Lexus replacement keys, the quickest and most convenient solution is to look for a trusted locksmith within the neighborhood. The cost is almost half what you can find from dealers. In the same way, the service will also be immediate.
While locksmiths can present a better solution for Lexus replacement keys, it is important to note that not all of them can duplicate new Lexus keys.
With this, it is important to make sure that you carefully evaluate the possibilities and choose only one that has already built a solid reputation in the market. This will give you confidence that your key will be ready soon!
We hope you find the How to Order New Lexus Key Remote guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Lexus.