Lexus Charge Dead Car Battery
Can’t start your Lexus due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by charging the battery using a 12-volt battery trickle charger. Risk of fire, Do not leave the vehicle unattended.
What you will need
- 12 Volt Battery Trickle Charger
- Park the vehicle in a secure area.
- Turn off the ignition. Remove the key from the ignition.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Locate the battery in the engine bay on the driver’s side. The battery may be covered with a plastic cover. Remove it if necessary to access the battery.
- Connect the red clamp from your charger to the positive (+) battery terminal.
- Connect the black clamp from your charger to the frame, ground point, and engine bolt. Do not connect the black clamp directly to the negative battery post.
- Plugin your car trickle charger into a wall outlet.
- Set the charge rate between 1 and 15 Amperes. The lower the ampere rate, the longer it will take to charge the battery.
- Allow the Lexus car battery to charge for a few hours. Do not close the hood, or you may short the wires for the charger.
Do not leave your Lexus unattended while the battery is charging. Monitor the battery temperature. Disconnect the charger if the battery starts to overheat.
We hope you find the Lexus Charge Dead Car Battery guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Lexus.