Have you lost the keys to your Acura, or are you looking for a spare key? This article provides instructions on how to order Acura keys.
How to Order Acura Key
You must be the vehicle’s registered owner to order a replacement key for your Acura. If you are not the owner of Acura, you need a Power of Attorney signed by the original owner.
- Locate the closest Acura dealer near you and call to verify the price of the new key. Check if you need to have the car present at the dealer when you order the new key.
- Collect the required documents:
- All existing Acura keys (if you have any)
- Two forms of ID. Here are a few examples of acceptable IDs.
- Driver License
- Government ID
- Identification Card
- Vehicle title or registration
- Visit your local Acura parts department.
- Pre-pay for a new Acura key. When you order the new key, the parts department will tell you if they have it in stock. Most Acura dealers have Master Key 1 in inventory but may not always have Key 2 available. If they don’t have the spare key available, they will have to order it, which takes about three to four days on average.
- Once the dealership gets the key, they will call you to go pick it up. Before you pick up the new Acura key, verify with the dealer if you need to bring your car to the dealer. This requirement depends on the model. The new key may need to be programmed to start the car. Otherwise, the new key will lock/unlock the car but not create it.
You can order the key directly from the dealer if you need a newer Acura with a smart proximity key. The typical cost for the unique Acura key ranges between $480 and $560 plus tax. Call any Acura dealer with your VIN to get an accurate quote.
If you have lost all the keys to your Acura, you will need to change the immobilizer and ignition switch in most cases. The cost to replace the immobilizer, for example, ranges between $700-$900 plus the value of the key.
A great way to save money is by doing the maintenance and repairs on your Acura yourself. We have published many tutorials and guides on repairing Acura vehicles.
Order Acura Key from Locksmith
Another alternative to making Acura keys is finding a locksmith with a key tool such as TopDon Key Programmer. This device allows you to program new Acura keys via the OBD2 port.
Other features of the TopDon key programmer include deactivating keys no longer in your possession and programming new remote controls. Check model and year compatibility; not all models are covered.
A specialized locksmith will help you out by duplicating an Acura key. Locksmith services appear to be the best solution when ordering an Acura key for older cars without a working key.
The cost is pretty affordable and certainly justifiable. A locksmith may not duplicate Acura keys if your car is new or only a few years old.
We hope you find the Order Acura Car Key guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more lp on your Acura.