Can’t unlock or lock your Cadillac because of a dead key fob battery? Learn how to replace it by following the procedures below.
Changing the key fob battery on a Cadillac key fob is easy, takes less than five minutes, and costs under $10 USD. Follow the steps or watch the following videos for more help.
How to Replace Cadillac Key Fob Battery
Battery Type: CR2032
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
- Locate the small indentation on the right side of the case.
- Use a flat screwdriver to pop open the keyfob carefully.
- Remove the circuit board and flip it upside down.
- Use the screwdriver to slide out the battery.
- Slide the new battery in place. The positive side of the battery should face you.
- Place the circuit board in the bottom part of the case.
- Press the two parts of the remote together.
Battery Size: CR2032
- Press the release button on the side of the keyfob and pull out the metal key
- Use a flathead screwdriver to pry out the case at the exposed opening.
- Separate the key fob case. The battery is on the back of the keyfob.
- Pop out the old battery and install the new one by pressing it.
- The battery’s positive (+) side needs to be down (facing the back cover).
- When putting the two halves together, line up the top part of the remote first.
- Then, snap the two halves together until the key fob battery is closed.
- Instructions will help you change the battery in any Cadillac, including models such as CTS, ATS, XTS, SRX, ELR, Escalade, CT6, and XT5.
If your Cadillac doors cannot be locked/unlocked with the key fob or you get an error message on the instrument cluster saying “No remote detected,” the problem is often a dead key fob battery.
We hope you find this guide, “Replace Cadillac Key Fob Battery,” helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Cadillac vehicle.