Looking to find the best OBD2 scanner for Mitsubishi vehicles? A good Mitsubishi scanner should be able to read and clear codes from all control units including engine, transmission, traction control, airbag, ABS, and more.
Good Mitsubishi scanners allow you to diagnose all control units in the car. In addition, some of the best Mitsubishi scanners offer bi-direction support which allows you to test sensors and activate them which is a similar function often used by Mitsubishi dealership mechanics.
Let’s take a look at the best diagnostic scanners for Mitsubishi vehicles.
1. YOUCANIC Full System Scanner
We tested a lot of scanners trying to find the best scanner to use in our garage. What we found is that:
- Many scanner manufacturers make scanners that require a yearly subscription.
- Can diagnose one make but doesn’t work on all different car makes. You will have to pay more to cover other vehicle makes.
- Can’t diagnose all vehicle systems. May only diagnose the engine, airbag, transmission, and ABS problems. That’s only 4 systems. Modern cars can have up to 40+ systems.
- Don’t support bi-direction support for sensor testing and activation.
If you wanted a scanner that can do all these, you have to spend thousands of dollars and most likely pay a yearly subscription.
So we decided to launch the YOUCANIC full system scanner that works on all makes and models.
The YOUCANIC full system scanner:
- Works on all makes.
- Can read and clear codes from all vehicle control units.
- View live data from any sensor.
- Bi-direction support to activate and test sensors and motors.
- Reset functions depending on model
If that is not enough, keep in mind that the YOUCANIC scanner does not require a yearly subscription as other professional-level tools do. We believe that the YOUCANIC scanner offers the best OBD2 for the money for auto mechanics and DIYers.
Don’t want to buy a scanner? We still want to help you fix your vehicle in an economical way. We created a scanner rental program that allows you to use the scanner for a few days on as many cars as you like.
We have a ton of how-to video showing you how to troubleshoot car problems. Once you get the codes, the YOUCANIC technicians can help you with any questions you may have.
2. Launch Creader VII+ Scanner
We tested the Launch Creader VII and found it easy to use and quickly retrieve the fault codes from the ECU. It is an affordable OBD diagnostic tool and has one main advantage over other scanners in the same price range.
Besides being able to scan the ECU, ABS, and SRS system, it can communicate with the automatic transmission control unit.
The Launch Creader supports multiple automobile brands as well. It describes the fault problem right on the LCD. Write down the error code and do some research related to that particular fault code. An inexpensive diagnostic tool can save you money and headaches if you try to reset the service engine or clear the airbag light.
- Read and clear fault codes related to the engine.
- Read and clear transmission fault codes.
- Read and clear ABS fault codes.
- Read and clear SRS/airbags lights and codes.
- Supports 1996 and newer vehicles.
- Can retrieve generic P0000 and manufacturer-specific codes P1000 and U000.
- Clear Check Engine Light
- View freeze frame data.
- Check emission readiness status.
- Display live sensor data.
3. Foxwell NT630 OBD scanner
The Foxwell NT630 is a professional OBD2 scanner that will be able to scan multiple systems on your Mitsubishi, such as the engine, airbag, ABS, and more.
With the NT630, you will activate solenoids to perform testing of different units, such as the ABS and EMB. Manually run the ABS motor. You can test valves and the TRACS system. You can also carry a brake bleed test.
We like NT630 because it is compatible with multiple Asian, Domestic, and European vehicles. It is also compatible not only with OBD-II vehicles but also with OBD-1. It will work on many cars, minivans, SUVs, and trucks.
- Can scan and clear codes related to the Check Engine Light, ECU.
- Read and erase ABS codes.
- Read and clear airbag / SRS codes.
- Can perform several ABS tests.
- Test oxygen sensor.
4. Maxidiag Elite MD802 Scanner
There is also an All System Scanner, which besides ABS/SRS/ECU/TCU can scan the EPB, calibrate the steering wheel sensor, reset the oil service reminder, and more.
The MaxiDiag works on both domestic and import vehicles.
- It can read and clear codes from the engine, transmission, ABS, and airbag.
- Turn off dashboard warning lights.
- Stream live sensor data and freeze frame.
- Check emission readiness status.
- Graphing capabilities
- Free software upgrades, 1st year.
- Electronic parking brake coverage (for certain makes).
- Oil service reminder reset. (for certain makes).
- TPMS coverage (for certain makes).
5. Mitsubishi MUT 3 Diagnostic Tool
All the Mitsubishi dealers in the US use the Multi-Use Tester (MUT) III. It is the diagnostic tool to access all the systems in Mitsubishi cars, trucks, and SUVs. The MUT3 is manufactured by Bosch, who is the OEM vendor.
MUT 3 allows a technician to perform key reprogramming, in-depth diagnostics, and system configuration.
Mitsubishi MUT 3 requires a laptop and connects to the VCI module via a USB cable. The VCI then connects to the OBD-2 port of any Mitsubishi. The MUT 3 cost over $5,000 and requires a subscription.
What is the best OBD2 scanner for Mitsubishi?
While MUT3 is what Mitsubishi dealerships use, the YOUCANIC full system scanner is one of the best OBD2 diagnostic scanners for Mitsubishi owners, especially if you consider price and system coverage.
If you are looking for a professional-level diagnostic scanner with similar capabilities to the Mitsubishi Dealer MUT 3 Diagnostic scanner, you may want to consider YOUCANIC Full System Scanner. It is one of the least expensive professional-level scanners that provides in-depth troubleshooting on any system on your Mitsubishi.
All the OBD2 scanners in this list are good choices if you want to read, erase, and diagnose the four primary systems on Mitsubishi cars:
- ABS brakes
The scanners in this list work on 1996 and newer Mitsubishi vehicles, including Outlander, Eclipse, Galant, Mirage, Raider, Lancer, etc.
We hope you find the 5 Best OBD2 Scanner for Mitsubishi guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!