FULL SYSTEM DIAGNOSTIC SCANNER
A professional diagnostic scanner that can read and clear fault codes from ALL ECUs, modules, and control units in over 100 car makes. Plus with the power of bi-directional support, you can test components just like the dealer techs. A bargain compared to the competition and with no need to pay a yearly subscription.
Why was the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner born?
The mission of YOUCANIC is to help vehicle owners save money by teaching them how to repair their vehicles. As we were tearing down vehicles and using various diagnostic scanners for troubleshooting car problems, we were starting to get frustrated that for every make we had to buy a different scanner. Or by the fact that the first full system scanner that we bought, required us to pay a yearly subscription after the first year.
After testing several scanners, many of which were made by reputable brands like SnapOn, Autel, Launch, and TopDon, we found that these scanners were either too expensive or had one of these issues:
- No bidirectional control/ active test. Users need to buy a more expensive and advanced scanner.
- Subscription Required – The scanner will stop working after a year unless you pay a yearly subscription.
- The scanner was too slow and even froze during the diagnosis due to the limited storage.
- There is no built-in battery, so you must turn it off after disconnecting the scanner from the vehicle.
- No touchscreen or one-click WIFI update.
- Lack of tutorials on how to use and diagnose a vehicle.
- No support to help you troubleshoot your car problems.
For these reasons, the YOUCANIC full system scanner with bidirectional support and no yearly subscription was born.
Our mission is to make car ownership affordable and empower you with the knowledge you need to maintain a car yourself. We quickly realized that we could not accomplish this goal, without a good full-system scanner that didn’t nickel and dime you for every feature you need.
Through numerous testing and research the YOUCANIC R&D team in Baltimore, Maryland, launched our first full system scanner which allows us to empower you.
Our professional all-system diagnostic scanner performs fast and accurate diagnoses for all vehicle control modules, including ABS, SRS, engine, transmission, brake system, air suspension, fuel system, lights, and any other system that is installed on your car, truck, van, or SUV.
Moreover, 30 services reset functions are supported, such as oil reset, EPB reset, and steering angle sensor reset. YOUCANIC scanner can diagnose problems in your car so that you don’t have to spend $150+ at the dealer every time a warning light comes on.
YOUCANIC scanner offers bi-directional support, a function common on professional and dealer-level scanners. Our scanner was designed to give power back to independent mechanics and DIYers.
- All Makes – Wide vehicle coverage. Software for all makes is already installed on the device; there is no need to download each make. Works on up to 98% of all cars in the world. No need to pay for each car brand. All major and less-known car brands are supported. No coverage for electric vehicles and Lada in Europe.
- Year Coverage. Model years 1996 to present. No subscription is needed to cover those years. We will provide vehicle coverage up to the model year 2026 as those vehicles come to the market at no additional cost to you. After 2026 your scanner will remain fully functional for vehicles from 1996 to 2026.
- No Subscription No yearly paid subscription – common with professional-level scanners.
- System Coverage – Read and clear codes from ALL vehicle systems and control modules. Examples include engine, transmission, air suspension, airbag, seat modules, hybrid battery management, Climate Control, Sunroof, ABS, traction control, or any other module that is installed on the car.
- Retrieve ECU information of the tested control units, including unit type, version numbers, part numbers, and other specifications.
- Bidirectional / Active Tests: Equipped with Bi-directional control, the YOUCANIC scanner significantly reduces the diagnostic time and puts the power in your hands. See the examples below.
- View Live Data of almost all sensors on the vehicle. Examples include oxygen sensors, throttle position sensors, abs wheel speed sensors, RPMs, gear selector position, convertible micro-switches, switch operation states, hybrid battery cell values, and more. Display graphs or tables.
- 30 Reset Services: Comes with the most commonly used service reset functions.
Bi-directional / Active Tests
Featuring bi-directional control, the YOUCANIC scanner can read any ECU data and monitor the operation of the actuators. Through active tests, also called actuator tests, this bi-directional diagnostic scanner can precisely locate car problems, letting you quickly know whether a specific system, component, or subsystem is functioning properly or not.
For example: If an air suspension compressor is not working and leads to a lowered vehicle, the YOUCANIC scanner can activate the air suspension compressor to help you raise the vehicle or determine whether there is a problem with the air compressor.
Here are a few examples of active tests which can help you test components, sensors, and switches:
- Test air suspension compressor
- Turn the a/c clutch on and off;
- Switch the interior lights on and off
- Perform an evaporative emissions leak test
- Activate folding side mirrors, exterior mirrors
- Test adaptive headlamp
- Test window regulators and motors
- Activate the window up or down
- Turn on/off the radiator fan/interior & exterior lights
- Operate Mirrors/Fuel Injector Balance/ Injector Buzz Test, Door Lock/Window/Horn/ Light/ Headlamp Test
- and a lot more.
Vehicle Make Coverage
YOUCANIC scanner supports almost 98% of the vehicles on the road today. YOUCANIC scanner has a wider coverage of more than 100 car makes and models. It supports cars, SUVs, light trucks, and 12V types of diesel.
The applicable vehicle makes include:
- America: Chrysler, Ford, GMC, Dodge, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Lincoln, Buick, Plymouth, Pontiac, RAM, Wrangler, Navigator, Hummer, Saturn, Jeep, Oldsmobile, Mercury.
- Europe: Abarth, Alfa-Romeo, Audi, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Citroen, Dacia, Ford EU, Fiat, Ferrari, Jaguar, Lancia, Land Rover, Lamborghini, Maserati, Maybach, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Rolls-Royce, Porsche, Saab, Samsung, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Vauxhall, Volvo, VW.
- Asia: Acura, Daewoo, Daihatsu, Honda, Hyundai, Hyundai_CV, Infiniti, Isuzu, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Perodua, Proton, Ssang Yong, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota.
- ABS Bleeding: ABS brake bleeding to get a firm brake pad after repairing the ABS pump system.
- Oil Light Reset: reset the Oil Life Reminder (turn off the Oil Service Light) when the replacement of engine oil is done in case of the impurities in the oil may damage the engine. So vehicles can recalculate another optimal oil life change interval depending on the vehicle’s driving conditions and climate. Your driving safety is also gets ensured.
- Crankshaft/Camshaft Relearn: The crankshaft position sensor (CKP) is a magnetic induction sensor, the function of which is to determine the position of the crankshaft. It will help you know which cylinder piston is at the top dead center to determine the ignition time and detect the crankshaft’s rotation angle (engine speed sensor). This function must be done after the engine has replaced the ECU and disassembled or replaced the timing belt assembly and crankshaft position sensor.
- DPF Regeneration: (Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration) lets you perform the forced regen cleaning to clear the blockage through continuous burning of the particulates captured in the D-P-F filter. When a regeneration cycle is completed, the D-P-F light automatically goes off.
- EPB Reset: (Electronic Parking Brake Reset) This function can maintain the electronic braking system safely and effectively. The applications include deactivating and activating the brake control system, assisting with brake fluid control, opening and closing brake pads, setting brakes after disc or pad replacement, and so on.
- Battery Registration: Allows the scan tool to evaluate the battery charge state, monitor the close-circuit current, register the battery replacement, and activate the rest state of the vehicle.
- SAS Calibration: (Steering Angle Sensor Calibration) Steering wheel angle sensor, a vehicle stability control system component, is mainly installed in the direction column below the steering wheel. It helps clear faulty steering angle sensor memories and plays an important role in steering angle sensor calibration.
- Throttle Body Relearn: Throttle matching is to initialize the car’s throttle actuators so that the learning value of the ECU returns to the initial state to more accurately control and adjust the throttle (or idle speed motor) action to regulate the intake amount.
- TPMS Reset: (Tire Pressure System Reset ) When the car tire pressure failure indicator light is on, low or leaking tire pressure is, replacement or installation of TPMS equipment, replacement of tires, damage to the tire pressure sensor, etc. need to do TPMS reset after maintenance.TPMS Service: Looks up the tire sensor IDs from the vehicle’s ECU and performs TPMS sensor relearn procedures after tire sensors are replaced.
Free Tech Support
Got car questions? Need to ask a mechanic? Upload pictures of your scanner showing the fault codes and one of our ASE-certified mechanics can help.
Please feel free to contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the scanner need to be connected to the internet to work?
No. The scanner does not need the internet to work and diagnose cars. The software for all makes is already installed on the scanner.
Where does the scanner ship from?
The scanner ships from Baltimore, Maryland. Typically we ship the next business day. It takes 3 to 5 days to get the scanner.
How do I know if the scanner works on my car?
The scanner has a wide coverage. If you would like to check simply send us the year, make and model, or VIN number and we can confirm it for you. Contact Us
Do car diagnostic scanners work?
Did you know that modern vehicles typically have over 20 control units?
The YOUCANIC scanner full system scanner can connect to all vehicles’ control units, including anti-lock brakes, traction control, transmission control unit, ABS, ADAS systems, air conditioner control unit system, and all control units found on the vehicle and the YOUCANIC full system scanner can read, clear, and view live sensor data from all the control units.
Is YOUCANIC full system scanner the best scanner for car diagnostics?
While Snap-on and Autel MaxiCOM are very good and expensive alternatives, we think that the best choice for the money is the YOUCANIC UCAN-II Full System Scanner. It is designed to empower vehicle owners and auto repair shop owners. It offers bidirectional support and is affordable.
Where is the OBD2 located?
The OBD-II port is under the dashboard, on the driver’s side, and beneath the steering wheel column. You will have to get under the dashboard with a flashlight to see. In some cases, the OBD-II port is covered with plastic or is hidden inside the fuse panel. If you can’t find the OBD-II port under the dashboard on the driver’s side, in a few cases, you will find the diagnostic port in the center console or the passenger side of the dashboard. If you can’t find the OBD2 port, send us an email and we can look into it.
Is it worth buying the YOUCANIC scanner?
We often get asked, ” Is it worth buying an OBD2 scanner when the auto parts store (AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts), will scan your car for free?” Scanners used at those stores do not read the fault codes from all vehicle systems. Investing in a good OBD2 scanner is worth it. Here is why. Cheap scanners such as the ones used at auto parts stores use, generally speaking, can only connect to the engine control unit and read and clear codes from that control unit only. The problem is that your modern vehicle has over 20 control units and the engine control unit is only one of them. Codes from aircon, ABS, airbag faults, traction control faults, etc, don’t get stored in the engine control unit. So if your airbag light is on, traction control light is on, ABS light is on, or you have other warning messages on the dashboard, the scanner used by the local auto part store will not be able to read those codes. Auto parts stores use cheap OBD2 scanners that can only diagnose the check engine light.
You will need a good OBD2 scanner, such as YOUCANIC Full System Scanner, to troubleshoot vehicle problems as your dealer does. We estimate that you will recover the cost of the YOUCANIC scanner after three uses. Over the lifetime of the scanner, you will probably use it a few hundred times, saving you, your friends, and your neighbors a lot of money over the years.
What connector does the YOUCANIC scanner use?
The YOUCANIC scanner comes with a 16-pin OBD-II connector. It does not have connectors for old BMW and Mercedes-Benz vehicles that require special 38-pin connectors.
Does the YOUCANIC scanner support OBD-I vehicles?
No. YOUCANIC scanner does not support pre-1996 vehicles that use the OBD-I protocol.
Can you leave OBD2 plugged in while driving?
You can leave an OBD2 scanner plugged in while driving to look at live sensor data. We do not recommend using the bidirectional function to test sensors, motors, and other components as that cause undesirable effects and cause the engine to stall while driving.
How do I know if my car is OBD1 or OBD2?
If yes, your car is OBD2 (And might be fully OBD2 compliant). If it has a different-looking plug, then it was made before 1995 and is OBD1.
Does the YOUCANIC scanner come with adapters?
No. If your vehicle requires special adapters, you will need to purchase those separately. Some of the early pre-2000 European cars, such as BMW and Mercedes-Benz, require special adapters. Contact us for clarification.