FULL SYSTEM DIAGNOSTIC SCANNER
Take control of your car’s health with our OBD2 scanner! Our scanner gives you the power to troubleshoot and diagnose your vehicle’s problems like a pro. With our easy-to-use interface and real-time data display, you can quickly identify issues before they become major headaches. Our scanner works on all OBD2-compliant vehicles and is designed for both professional mechanics and DIY enthusiasts. Don’t let your car leave you stranded – get our OBD2 scanner today and take charge of your car’s health!
Purchase – On Sale Now
Purchase one scanner for all your vehicle needs. Diagnostic software for most makes. Covering model years 1996 to the Present.
Rent the YOUCANIC full system scanner for a few days to diagnose your vehicles. Once you get the codes, post them on our support app to get help from our techs.
Why was the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner born?
The mission of YOUCANIC is to help vehicle owners save money by teaching them how to repair their vehicles. As we were tearing down vehicles and using various diagnostic scanners for troubleshooting car problems, we were starting to get frustrated that we had to buy a different scanner for every make we were troubleshooting. Soon enough, we learned the hard way that the first full system scanner we bought required us to pay a yearly subscription after the first year, or we couldn’t use it at all.
After testing several scanners, many of which were made by reputable brands like SnapOn, Autel, Launch, ThinkDiag, and TopDon, we found that these scanners were either too expensive or had one of these issues:
- No bidirectional control/ active test. Users need to buy a more expensive and advanced scanner.
- Subscription Required – The scanner will stop working after a year unless you pay a yearly subscription.
- The scanner was too slow and even froze during the diagnosis due to the limited storage.
- There is no built-in battery, so you must turn it off after disconnecting the scanner from the vehicle.
- No touchscreen or one-click WIFI update.
- Lack of tutorials on how to use and diagnose a vehicle.
- No support to help you troubleshoot your car problems.
For these reasons, the YOUCANIC full system scanner with bidirectional support and no yearly subscription was born.
Our mission is to make car ownership affordable and empower you with the knowledge you need to maintain a car yourself. We quickly realized that we could not accomplish this goal without a good full-system scanner that didn’t nickel and dime you for every feature you needed.
Through numerous testing and research, the YOUCANIC R&D team in Baltimore, Maryland, launched our first full system scanner, allowing us to empower you.
Our professional all-system diagnostic scanner performs fast and accurate diagnoses for all vehicle control modules, including ABS, SRS, engine, transmission, brake system, air suspension, fuel system, lights, and any other system installed on your car, truck, van, or SUV.
Moreover, 30 services reset functions are supported, such as oil reset, EPB reset, and steering angle sensor reset. YOUCANIC scanner can diagnose problems in your car so that you don’t have to spend $150+ at the dealer every time a warning light comes on.
YOUCANIC scanner offers bi-directional support, a function common on professional and dealer-level scanners. Our scanner was designed to give power back to independent mechanics and DIYers.
- All Makes – Wide vehicle coverage. Software for all makes is already installed on the device; there is no need to download each make. Works on up to 98% of all cars in the world. No need to pay for each car brand. All major and less-known car brands are supported. No coverage for electric vehicles and Lada in Europe.
- Year Coverage. Model years 1996 to present. No subscription is needed to cover those years. We will provide vehicle coverage up to the model year 2026 as those vehicles come to the market at no additional cost to you. After 2026 your scanner will remain fully functional for vehicles from 1996 to 2026.
- No Subscription No yearly paid subscription to use the scanner which is becoming common with professional-level scanners.
- System Coverage – Read and clear codes from ALL vehicle systems and control modules. Examples include engine, transmission, air suspension, airbag, seat modules, hybrid battery management, Climate Control, Sunroof, ABS, traction control, or any other module installed on the car.
- Retrieve ECU information of the tested control units, including unit type, version numbers, part numbers, and other specifications.
- Bidirectional / Active Tests: Equipped with Bi-directional control, the YOUCANIC scanner significantly reduces the diagnostic time and puts the power in your hands. See the examples below.
- View Live Data of almost all sensors on the vehicle. Examples include oxygen sensors, throttle position sensors, abs wheel speed sensors, RPMs, gear selector position, convertible micro-switches, switch operation states, hybrid battery cell values, and more. Display graphs or tables.
- 30 Reset Services: Comes with the most commonly used service reset functions.
Bi-directional / Active Tests
Featuring bi-directional control, the YOUCANIC scanner can read any ECU data and monitor the operation of the actuators. Through active tests, also called actuator tests, this bi-directional diagnostic scanner can precisely locate car problems, letting you quickly know whether a specific system, component or subsystem is functioning properly or not.
For example: If an air suspension compressor is not working and leads to a lowered vehicle, the YOUCANIC scanner can activate the air suspension compressor to help you raise the vehicle or determine whether there is a problem with the air compressor. Here are a few examples of active tests which can help you test components, sensors, and switches:
- Test air suspension compressor
- Turn the a/c clutch on and off;
- Switch the interior lights on and off
- Perform an evaporative emissions leak test
- Activate folding side mirrors, exterior mirrors
- Test adaptive headlamp
- Test window regulators and motors
- Activate the window up or down
- Turn on/off the radiator fan/interior & exterior lights
- Operate Mirrors/Fuel Injector Balance/ Injector Buzz Test, Door Lock/Window/Horn/ Light/ Headlamp Test
- and a lot more.
Vehicle Make Coverage
YOUCANIC scanner supports almost 98% of the vehicles on the road today. YOUCANIC scanner has a wider coverage of more than 100 car makes and models. It supports cars, SUVs, light trucks, and 12V types of diesel.
The applicable vehicle makes include:
- North America: Chrysler, Ford, GMC, Dodge, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Lincoln, Buick, Plymouth, Pontiac, RAM, Wrangler, Navigator, Hummer, Saturn, Jeep, Oldsmobile, Mercury.
- If you own a 2018 and newer, you will need an adapter to bypass the SGW module. Read this article: FCA Secure Gateway Module Explained.
- Europe: Abarth, Alfa-Romeo, Audi, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Citroen, Dacia, Ford EU, Fiat, Ferrari, Jaguar, Lancia, Land Rover, Lamborghini, Maserati, Maybach, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Rolls-Royce, Porsche, Saab, Samsung, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Vauxhall, Volvo, VW.
- A few 1990-2002 European vehicles such as Mercedes-Benz may require a 38-pin adapter.
- Asia: Acura, Daewoo, Daihatsu, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Perodua, Proton, Ssang Yong, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota.
- ABS Bleeding: ABS brake bleeding to get a firm brake pad after repairing the ABS pump system.
- Oil Light Reset: reset the Oil Life Reminder (turn off the Oil Service Light) when the engine oil is replaced in case the oil impurities may damage the engine. So vehicles can recalculate another optimal oil life change interval depending on the vehicle’s driving conditions and climate. Your driving safety is also gets ensured.
- Crankshaft/Camshaft Relearn: The crankshaft position sensor (CKP) is a magnetic induction sensor, the function of which is to determine the position of the crankshaft. It will help you know which cylinder piston is at the top dead center to determine the ignition time and detect the crankshaft’s rotation angle (engine speed sensor). This function must be done after the engine has replaced the ECU and disassembled or replaced the timing belt assembly and crankshaft position sensor.
- DPF Regeneration: (Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration) lets you perform the forced regen cleaning to clear the blockage through continuous burning of the particulates captured in the D-P-F filter. When a regeneration cycle is completed, the D-P-F light automatically goes off.
- EPB Reset: (Electronic Parking Brake Reset) This function can maintain the electronic braking system safely and effectively. The applications include deactivating and activating the brake control system, assisting with brake fluid control, opening and closing brake pads, setting brakes after disc or pad replacement, and so on.
- Battery Registration: Allows the scan tool to evaluate the battery charge state, monitor the close-circuit current, register the battery replacement, and activate the rest state of the vehicle.
- SAS Calibration: (Steering Angle Sensor Calibration) Steering wheel angle sensor, a vehicle stability control system component, is mainly installed in the direction column below the steering wheel. It helps clear faulty steering angle sensor memories and plays an important role in steering angle sensor calibration.
- Throttle Body Relearn: Throttle matching is to initialize the car’s throttle actuators so that the learning value of the ECU returns to the initial state to more accurately control and adjust the throttle (or idle speed motor) action to regulate the intake amount.
- TPMS Reset: (Tire Pressure System Reset ) When the car tire pressure failure indicator light is on, low or leaking tire pressure is, replacement or installation of TPMS equipment, replacement of tires, damage to the tire pressure sensor, etc. need to do TPMS reset after maintenance.TPMS Service: Looks up the tire sensor IDs from the vehicle’s ECU and performs TPMS sensor relearn procedures after tire sensors are replaced.
Not all reset functions apply to every vehicle model. Some active tests may not be available for all models and control units. In addition, car manufacturers such as Porsche, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Fiat, and Alfa Romeo are installing firewalls that restrict maintenance and troubleshooting functions by owners and small repair shops. Check out this example that explains how Fiat Chrysler Group (FCA) wants you to pay a yearly subscription to be able to diagnose any 2018+ vehicle.
Free Tech Support
Got car questions? Need to ask a mechanic? Post a question and upload a picture showing the fault codes; one of our ASE-certified mechanics can help.
- For vehicles manufactured between 1996 and 2002, the OBD-II port may only allow technicians to diagnose the Engine Control Unit (ECU) but not other systems such as airbags, transmissions, traction control, climate control, etc. For those vehicles, you may need a special adapter to connect to a special port in your vehicle that allows access to all the systems. Contact us to check if you need an adapter if your vehicle is the model year 1996-2002 and is one of the following brands:
- Audi – 4 Pin Adapter,
- Mercedes-Benz – 38 Pin Adapter,
- Toyota – 22 Pin Adapter,
- Fiat – 3 Pin Adapter,
- GM – 12 Pin Adapter,
- Kia – 20 Pin Adapter,
- Honda – 3 Pin Adapter,
- Nissan – 14 Pin Adapter,
- Mitsubishi – 12+16 Pin Adapter,
- BMW – 20 Pin Adapter,
- Toyota – 17 Pin Adapter,
- Mazda – 17 Pin Adapter
- Please feel free to contact us via email or call 1 (888) 959-4265
- For car questions, please utilize the Support application.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if the scanner works on my vehicle?
The scanner has a wide coverage. It works on over 98% of all vehicles from 1996 to the present.
For some early BMW and Mercedes-Benz between 1996 to 2002, you may need a special adapter as these cars utilize non-standard diagnostic ports. All 2002 and newer vehicles use standard OBD-II diagnostic ports; our scanner comes with the cable to diagnose vehicles with OBD-II ports.
If your vehicle is from 1996 to 2002, even though the scanner has the software to diagnose those models with non-standard diagnostic ports, you will need to purchase a separate adapter to diagnose those vehicles.
If you want to check vehicle coverage, simply email the year, make and model, or VIN, and we can confirm it. Providing the VIN also works and is the preferred method.
If your vehicle is a 2018 or newer Fiat Chrysler Group (FCA) vehicle such as Dodge, Chrysler, Fiat, or Jeep, you will need to disable the Secure Gateway Module to clear codes and perform active tests on these vehicles. For more help, see this article or Contact Us
Does the scanner need to be connected to the internet to work?
No. The scanner does not need the internet to work and is fully functional without the internet. The software for all makes is already installed on the scanner.
Where does the scanner ship from?
The scanner ships from Baltimore, Maryland. Typically we ship the next business day. It takes 3 to 5 days to get the scanner.
Where is the OBD2 located?
The OBD-II port is under the dashboard, on the driver’s side, and beneath the steering wheel column. You will have to get under the dashboard with a flashlight to see. In some cases, the OBD-II port is covered with plastic or is hidden inside the fuse panel. If you can’t find the OBD-II port under the dashboard on the driver’s side, in a few cases, you will find the diagnostic port in the center console or the passenger side of the dashboard. If you can’t find the OBD2 port, send us an email, and we can look into it.
What connector does the YOUCANIC scanner use?
The YOUCANIC scanner comes with a 16-pin OBD-II connector. It does not have connectors for old BMW and Mercedes-Benz vehicles that require special 38-pin connectors.
Does the YOUCANIC scanner support OBD-I vehicles?
No. YOUCANIC scanner does not support pre-1996 vehicles that use the OBD-I protocol.
When was the YOUCANIC UCAN-II scanner launched?
Why was my order canceled?
Your order may have been canceled for many reasons. The order may have been placed from a location different from the shipping address. The delivery address was a PO box or freight delivery service. If the order were canceled, it would be automatically refunded to the original payment method.
Why can’t I buy the scanner on Amazon?
Our mission is to help you with your car problems and provide exceptional customer support. Selling the scanner on Amazon introduces a third party which slows down the response time and quality of support we can offer. For example, Amazon customer service representatives usually can’t answer technical questions about the scanner and will eventually forward it to us. Also, we can’t help you with your car problems if we utilize Amazon since on Amazon support has to be strictly about the product. Do you miss Amazon’s free shipping? We offer free shipping in the US and process orders quickly. You can select expedited shipping at checkout if you want the scanner super fast.
Why is the scanner storage memory full?
You may notice that the storage is utilized up to about 60% – 70%. The reason is that we have installed the software for all makes on the scanner. If you are at a car auction or checking a used car you want to buy, you don’t need to worry about internet connection and installing the software for each model. All makes are already installed on the scanner. Please do not remove coverage for vehicle makes you do not use or own.
How long has YOUCANIC been in business?
We have been in business since 2016, and our platform reaches over 6 million visitors annually. The YOUCANIC UCAN-II scanner was launched on November 2022.
Can you leave the YOUCANIC scanner plugged in while driving?
You can leave an OBD2 scanner plugged in a while driving to look at live sensor data. We do not recommend using the bidirectional function to test sensors, motors, and other components as that cause undesirable effects and may cause the engine to stall while driving.
How do I know if my car is OBD1 or OBD2?
All vehicles sold in the US since 1996 are OBD2. Some vehicles, such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and other European models from 1996 to 2002, require special cables and may not have a standard OBD-II port. Older vehicles are typically OBD1 but not always. In Europe, all 2000 and newer vehicles are OBD2.
Does the YOUCANIC scanner come with adapters?
YOUCANIC UCAN-II scanner comes with a cable connecting to most vehicles’ standard OBD-II port. It does not come with a 38-pin or 20-pin adapter for some older vehicles. If your vehicle requires special adapters, you will need to purchase those separately. Some early pre-2000 European cars, such as BMW and Mercedes-Benz, require special adapters. Contact us for clarification.