Need to remove your Nissan Quest door panel for replacement? Learn how to remove the door panel on a Nissan vehicle. This procedure takes about fifteen minutes.
You will need a few basic tools to remove the Nissan door panel.
What you will need
- Dashboard Trim Removal Tool
- Mechanic Tool Set Metric
- Park the Nissan on level ground and set the parking brakes.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal from the battery. The negative terminal has a black cable. Next to the battery post, you will notice a (-) symbol or the word NEG.
- Open the door where you want to remove the panel. Behind the door handle, you will have a screw that needs to be removed. This screw is typically covered by a plastic cover.
- Remove the window switch. Below you will find a screw that you will need to remove.
- Unplug the wire harnesses from the window switch.
- Remove two screws below the window switch.
- Pry out the door light at the bottom of the door panel. Use a dashboard trim removal kit to pop out the door panel. Be careful if using a flat head screwdriver can scratch the door panel.
- Once the door panel pops up around the perimeter, you can remove it by lifting it slightly.
- Disconnect the wires and door cable from the back of the door panel.
- Install the door panel in reverse order. Don’t forget to connect the wires and door release cable on the back of the door panel.
- Reconnect the negative battery terminal.
We hope you find the Nissan Quest Door Panel Removal guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.