Need to check or add brake fluid on your Kia Optima? By following the procedures below, you will learn how to check and add brake fluid on your Kia Optima. This is a step-by-step instruction on how to add and check brake fluid for any 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- DOT 3 or DOT 4 (Brake Fluid)
- Only use what is noted on the top of the brake fluid cap.
- Open the hood, pull the hood release under the dashboard and go in front of the vehicle. Then unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up until the hydraulic hood strut locks.
- Locate the brake fluid reservoir next to the firewall on the driver’s side of the engine compartment.
- Check on the fluid level, shake the reservoir and look at the reservoir’s indicator where the fluid lies.
- If the fluid level is at the maximum level, no need to add brake fluid.
If the fluid level is below or on the minimum level, add brake fluid.
- To add brake fluid, open the cap by turning it counterclockwise. Use the brake fluid recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer or look at the cap to know what brake fluid to use. Make sure that the brake fluid you use is freshly sealed and not opened to prevent moisture from the fluid.
- Close the cap by turning it clockwise and check the fluid level again.
We hope you find the Check & Add Brake Fluid Kia Optima 2016-2020 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!