Need to replace the door panel of your Kia? Learn how to remove and change the door panel of your Kia by following the procedures below. This guide is a step-by-step procedure to remove and install the door panel on a Kia Optima.
What you will need
- Prying tool or Plastic removal tool
- Door panel (Kia Optima)
- Open the driver’s door and pry out the side mirror cover on the upper right of the door panel.
- Pop the covers of the screw out on the armrest and inner door handle. Use a prying tool or screwdriver to pop them out.
- Remove the screws on the armrest and inner door handle using a screwdriver.
- Unlock all the tabs holding the door panel and pry out the edge of the door panel.
- Pull the door panel up and hold it up.
- Disconnect the door cables and electrical connectors on the door panel by pushing the tab and pulling it out of the door panel.
- Fully remove the door panel and set it aside.
- To reinstall the door panel, carry the door panel near the door. Then, reconnect the cables and electrical connectors to the back of the door panel.
- Line up the door panel back to the door and push all the edges to lock the tabs back to the door panel.
- Reinstall the screw and covers on the armrest and inner door handle.
We hope you find the Kia Door Panel Replacement Instructions guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.