Can’t unlock/lock your Kia Optima due to a dead key fob battery? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the key fob’s battery. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the key fob battery on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- Pick tool
- Flat screwdriver
- CR2032 Lithium battery 3V
- Insert the flat screwdriver into the hole on the side of the key fob.
- Twist the flat screwdriver to pop out the cover on the battery.
- Slide the battery to the side and insert a pick tool to pop out the key fob’s battery.
- Slide the new battery into the key fob and push it in to lock it in its place.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
- Push the cover back until it snaps back to the key fob.
We hope you find the 2016-2020 Kia Optima Key Fob Battery Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.