Is your Kia engine have a rough idle, and the check engine light is on due to a faulty mass airflow sensor? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the mass airflow sensor of your Kia. This guide is a step-by-step instruction on replacing the mass airflow sensor on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- 8mm socket and ratchet wrench
- Mass airflow sensor (Kia Optima)
- Allow the engine to cool down.
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and go to the front of the vehicle. Unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up.
- Locate the mass airflow sensor on the right side of the cold air intake ports and under the throttle body.
- Disconnect the electrical connector on the mass airflow sensor by pulling the clip out.
- Loosen the 8mm bolt on the mass airflow sensor and pull out the mass airflow sensor.
- Get the new mass airflow sensor and insert it into the vehicle, then reinstall the 8mm bolt and reconnect the electrical connector.
We hope you find the Kia MAF Mass Air Flow Sensor Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.