Can’t start your Kia Optima because of a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the battery of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step instruction on replacing the battery on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
Bestseller No. 1
- AGM H7 12V Car battery – Cold-cranking amps: 850A
- 10mm wrench and socket
- 12mm socket, wrench, and extensions
- Open the hood, pull the hood release under the dashboard and go to the vehicle’s front. Then unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up.
- Locate the battery on the driver’s side of the engine compartment.
- Pull out the air duct above the battery by removing the two 10mm bolts connected to the bumper support bracket.
- Disconnect the positive and negative terminals of the battery, and use a 10mm wrench to loosen the nuts on the terminals. Disconnect the negative terminal first.
- Loosen the 12mm bolt on the clamp below the battery. Remove the clamp from the battery tray.
- Carry the battery out of the vehicle using the handles on the battery.
- Line up the new 12v battery back on the battery tray.
- Put the insulator on the new battery and reinstall the clamp on the battery tray.Make sure to put the clamp in the right position.
- Connect the positive and negative terminals of the battery. Connect the positive terminal first. Connect the negative terminal last.
- Reinstall the air duct back on the vehicle.
- Start the engine. Then turn the steering wheel to the left and then to the right twice to reset the steering angle sensor.
We hope you find the Battery Replacement Guide Kia Optima 2016-2020 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.