Can’t start your Kia Optima due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by jump-starting the battery of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step instruction on jump-starting the 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- Jumper cables or
- Manually unlock the vehicle. Remove the door lock cover on the door handle, insert the metal key, and open the door.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and go in front of the vehicle. Unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up.
- Locate the terminals of the battery on the driver’s side of the engine compartment. Open the cover of the positive terminal by simply pulling it up.
- To jump-start, connect the red jumper cable to the positive terminal of the battery and connect the black jumper cable to the vehicle’s frame. For example, strut tower bolt.
- Connect the jumper cables to the battery of the support vehicle. Ensure that the positive cable is connected to the positive terminal and the negative cable is connected to the negative/ground terminal.
- Before starting the vehicle, wait a few minutes for the battery to recharge, then start the engine.
We hope you find the Kia Optima Jump Start with Dead Battery guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.