Need to switch your Kia Optima gear out of the park? This guide will teach you how to release the shifter from park gear on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
This procedure will allow you to shift the vehicle out of the park if the shifter is stuck. This can be helpful if the battery is dead and you need to push the vehicle or tow it.
What you will need
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver’s seat.
- Set the parking brakes. The vehicle may roll away once it is shifted out of the park.
- Locate the hole on the gear shift’s top of the park indicator. Remove the cap using a small flat-head screwdriver.
- Insert the screwdriver into the hole to push the button inside the gear shift.
- Press the brake pedal, then shift the gear as you keep the screwdriver pushed into the hole.
We hope you find the Switch Gears Manually, Release from Park Kia Optima 2016-2020 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!