Is the side mirror switch of your Kia Optima not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the side mirror switch of your vehicle. This guide is step-by-step instructions on replacing the side mirror control switch on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
How to Replace Kia Optima Mirror Switch
What you will need
- Prying tool or plastic removal tool
- Philips screwdriver
- Flat screwdriver
- Side mirror control switch (Kia Optima)
- Unlock the vehicle and open the driver’s door.
- Remove the covers on the side mirror, inner door handle, and armest. Use a prying tool or plastic removal tool to pop out the covers.
- Remove the screws on the inner door handle and armrest and pry out the edges of the door panel. Then, carry the door panel and disconnect the electrical connectors on the other side of the door panel.
- Locate the window switch on the other side of the door panel and remove it by unlocking the tabs holding it.
- Locate the mirror switch and disconnect the connector by pushing the clip and pulling it out.
- Unlock the mirror control switch tabs using a flat screwdriver and pull the switch out from the door panel.
- Line up the new control mirror switch to the door panel and push it in to lock the tabs on it.
- Reconnect the electrical connector to the mirror switch and reinstall the window switch to the door panel.
- Reconnect the electrical connectors into the door panel and check the new control mirror switch by pushing the buttons of the mirror switch.
- Reinstall the door panel, and the cover’s back to the door.
We hope you find the Kia Optima Mirror Switch Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.