2016-2020 Kia Optima Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Is the airflow from the vents of your Kia Optima poor due to a faulty cabin air filter? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the cabin air filter of your Kia Optima. This guide is a step-by-step instruction on replacing the cabin air filter on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- Cabin air filter (Kia Optima)
- Unlock the vehicle and open the passenger door.
- Open the glove box located above the front-seat passenger’s footwell.
- Twist the tabs inside the glove box counterclockwise to unlock them.
- Pull out the clamp on the right side of the glove box to access the cabin air filter.
- Squeeze the tab on the right side of the cabin air filter cover and remove it from the housing.
- Pull the cabin air filter out.
- Install the new cabin air filter by pushing it to its place. Note the direction of the airflow; the air filter should have an arrow on the side.
- Reinstall the cover of the cabin air filter. Line it back to the cabin air filter box and push it to lock in place.
- Hook the clamp back to the glove box.
- Line up the tab back to the glove box and twist it clockwise to lock it.
- Close the glove box.
We hope you find the 2016-2020 Kia Optima Cabin Air Filter Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.