Learn how to change windshield wiper blades on any Kia vehicle. The procedure to change the wiper blades on a Kia is very simple.
Some models require that you set the windshield wipers in the service position so you can lift the wiper arm without hitting the hood.
Follow these steps to set Kia wipers in the service position.
Kia Wiper Blade Replacement Procedure
- On older Kia models, turn on the wipers, then remove the key as the wipers reach the top position. This will allow you can easily replace the wiper blades.
- You will need to set the wiper arms in the service position via the instrument cluster on newer Kia vehicles. Watch the following video clip to learn how to get Kia wipers to stop at the top position.
- Raise the wiper arm up.
- Turn the wiper blade assembly perpendicular to the wiper arm. Do not allow the wiper arm to fall against the windshield. You may break the windshield if the wiper arm accidentally falls on the windshield.
- Compress the clip and slide the blade assembly downward. Remove the wiper blade.
- Install the blade assembly in reverse order.
These instructions will help owners of
- Kia Niro
- K9, Forte
Replacing the wiper blades on a Kia is very simple but diagnosing warning lights such as check engine light, airbag light, or ABS light requires specific tools.
Check out this guide on how to Diagnose Vehicle Problems Like a Pro.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!